How to Recover Deleted File with Recuva?
It can recover files that have been deleted accidentally.. It supports image, audio, documents files and even emails. It scans the hard drive, find the file and copy it to flash media.
Step 1: Download and Install
- Download the free version of Recuva Software from the below link.
- As soon as the file gets downloaded, just double click on that file and hold on for a few seconds till you get a window as Recuva v1.50 Setup.
- Click on ‘Next’ that is displayed at the bottom of the window.
- Now, you will find a list of Install options through which you put a tick mark on the selected options.
- Then, Click on ‘Install’ to get Recuva on your computer.
- After completing the installation process, another window displays on the screen.
- Click on Finish button. Now, you have successfully installed Recuva Software on your system.
Step 2: Quick Launch- Run the File
- After finishing the installation of Recuva software, a quick launch file displays on the desktop. Click on that icon to Run and start the file.
Step 3: Choose Type of File
- You will get different file types like Music files, Documents, Video files, Images, all files, etc.
- You can choose a specific file or Select ‘All Files’ so that you can recover any type of deleted file.
- Now, just click on Next.
Step 4: Select File Location
- This is the most important step where you need to select the appropriate location of the deleted files from your Windows laptop or PC.
- Suppose, if you wish to recover the files from pen drive, memory card or any other external hard disk devices, then you need to connect those devices to your computer.
- You can choose the drive where you have deleted the file. Select a right option and click Next.
- But, if you don’t remember the specific location of the deleted file, then just mark on the option “I’m not sure”. Click “Next” for the further recovery process.
Step 5: Scanning Process
- After choosing the location of the deleted file, then you will be asked to initiate the scanning process.
- Now, the Recuva software is ready to search the permanently deleted files or data in your Windows system.
- Be sure before starting scan as it takes pretty much time in order to scan your entire drive.
- You will be displayed a window that asks for enabling deep scan.
- Don’t mark or tick on “Enable Deep Scan” and simply click on ‘Start’ in order to complete the task as early as possible.
Step 6: Final Recovery Process
- This is the final step of Recovery process where you can see a window that displays the files which you have already selected from the drive.
- Just have a glance at the below window where you will notify coloured icons like red, green and yellow that are present in front of the file names.